Monday, December 20, 2010

Year End Review

It has been a busy and a trying holiday season here in Miami. It should come as no surprise that, in the lead up to the several Christmas concerts I am in charge of each year, I was sidelined with a horrible cold turned stomach flu. It is something of a yearly tradition and I have started to wonder if I am slightly allergic to Christmas.

Anyway, my blog writing has fallen by the wayside as I attend to my health and the various rehearsals that prepared my preschoolers to the limelight. I felt I would be remiss if I didn't get in one final post before Tracey, Lucy and I head up to Atlanta for Christmas and then Utah for New Years.

I did a top ten song list for our 2 year anniversary this summer, and I thought it might be nice to close out 2010 with a Viral Video Edition of Singing in the Bathtub. This has been a year of many funny YouTube offerings that I think the whole family might enjoy. Let's start the ball rolling with a classic ear worm that can bring a smile to my face no matter what the world throws at me:



Next I'd like to offer this parody of an Old Spice ad done by Grover:



If you type the word "Ukulele" into a YouTube search you get two videos at the top of the list. One is of Jake Shimabukuro (arguably the greatest Uke player of all time) playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." The second is this kid playing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. Yes, he may not know all the words, but this kid owns it!


The next viral video is from a band that has both youth and talent on their side:

Ladle Fight from Jennifer M. Noll on Vimeo.

This video was featured on post a while back. Proving once again that Beyoncé's "Single Ladies" video is a classic!



Okay, so this classic video won $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Video (yep, the show is still on the air), but it's my favorite smile coaxer on a tough day!



Kid Quote of the Day: She walked into the classroom and anounced, "My cholesterol hurts!" ~Jazmine (age: 4)
I think she may have seen too many Cheerios commercials!

1 comment:

Anne Deysher said...

I am so sorry about the pre-Christmas illness. It's a teacher's hazard. Feel better soon.
I love all the videos, particularly Ukelele boy (reminds me of a certain son...), Grover (funnier than the orginal if not "hotter"), and the laughing quads. The ladle band is indeed a talented group performing original music.
Thanks for a great post!