Thursday, April 29, 2010

Off to New York with a Feather in my Cap!

The primary mission of Singing in the Bathtub is to promote and discuss quality kids' music. I don't typically use this forum to promote my own music (I have a newly updated website to do that), but I wanted to share some great news that involves yours truly as well as other "Friends of the Bathtub" like Roger Day, Joannie Leeds, Milkshake, Rebecca Frezza, Marc Bazerman and Shira Klein.

The 2010 Parents Choice Awards were announced a week, and I was awarded Gold along with the aforementioned Day, Leeds and Milkshake! For me this is a big deal. We share the golden pedestal with heavy hitter such as Dan Zanes and the ubiquitous Puto Mayo. Baze and his Silly Friends received a blue Recommendation Award, and Frezza and Klein both received a red Approval stamp from the Parents Choice Foundation.

It is an exciting time because I am currently packing to head up to NYC for the 2010 Kindiefest conference and showcase. This is my first year attending, and I'm planning to make the most of it. I am probably most excited about meeting so many of the groups/artist featured in The Bathtub.
The secondary mission of Singing in the Bathtub is to help build a strong community of children's musicians.

Kid Video of the Day:


2 comments:

Anne Deysher said...

First of all, we are so excited about the awards, and we are thinking of you as you attend the conference this weekend. Have a great, great time!
Second, aren't kids amazing?! That is a heartwarming video. I would love to know where that little boy is now...

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your BIG award!!!!!